Charter Boat Skipper
Your skipper Robert Smith has done it all in the field of recreational fishing from chasing 1,000 pound Black Marlin off the waters of Cooktown out of a trailer boat to Blue Marlin off Port Stephens in New South Wales, Red Emperor fishing at night 40 nautical miles off civilisation, even drowning shrimp for Golden Perch on Queensland’s impoundments.
A tournament winning angler, Robert brings his years of experience with him on every charter.
Gaining his Restricted Coxswain endorsement to guide fishermen on his local freshwater impoundments in 2003 the call of the sea grew louder and he obtained his Open Coxswains Ticket in 2005. Possessing a
- Master Class V Ticket,
- MEDII Engineering Ticket,
- Senior First Aid Certificate,
- a Restricted Radiotelephone Operators Certificate,
- a Certificate II in Nautical Knowledge,
- a Certificate III in Transport & Distribution,
- a Certificate III in Maritime Operations,
- an Occupational Health and Safety at Sea Certificate
- along with hundreds and hundreds of days on the water
- he will get you safely to where you need to go.
A keen amateur photographer and video editor, some charters will end up with a memory to last a lifetime. He also conrtibutes many articles to QFM and fishing club magazines.